question

Upvotes
Accepted
35 0 1 4

Is there a SPARQL endpoint to Data Fusion ?

Could you please let me know whether there is an SPARQL endpoint for datafusion? I want to use programatically retrieve triples based on certain criteria. I have seen the user interface which allows me to put in the SPARQL query, but the result is an html document. Ideally a SPARQL endpoint supports querying and getting results in XML or JSON format. If there is a SPARQL end point, Kindly let me know

data-fusionsparql
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
1.2k 8 11 8

SPARQL support exists in Data Fusion primarily for administration tasks and we strongly recommend against using this functionality for anything mission critical. The recommend way of programmatically accessing Data Fusion is to use the REST API instead because:

• it gives you access to the stitched integrated graph
  • edge annotations are not easily represented in RDF or queryable otherwise
  • you can do things with API like find connections between two nodes (/analyze/connect) that are difficult to replicate in SPARQL

For a more detailed discussion on this topic please see:

https://daverog.wordpress.com/2013/06/04/the-enduring-myth-of-the-sparql-endpoint/

SPARQL is a rich and expressive querying language, and like most querying languages, it is straightforward to write highly inefficient queries.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.