question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Forex spot prices quoted precision AUDJPY= EURJPY= (real time)

I am using Refinitiv Real Time - Optimized to receive forex spot quotes for ric codes AUDJPY= and EURJPY=. The bid and ask are in two decimal places however the minimal change (tick size) for these currency pairs is 0.001. I have contacted support with the reply this product has two decimal points only. Are there any other refinitiv data products that provide real-time quotes to 3 decimal places for AUDJPY and EURJPY?

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platformforex
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @do,

Let me share my thoughts.

Refinitiv Real Time Optimized is serviced with Refinitiv Realtime data feed, and that is the same feed that services other Refinitiv real time connectivity solutions, so precision of specific FIDs on specific RIC, for example, AUDJPY= should be the same, 2 decimal points. So other products in terms of connectivity should not provide higher precision on the same RICs.

However, AUDJPY= is a composite RIC. There are spot rate RICs from specific providers, for example AUDJPY=ICAP from ICAP and AUDJPY=TTKL from I believe Tullet Prebon, these are published with ASK and BID in 4 decimal point precisions. If you may be interested in these or other providers, please discuss the details of your requirements with your Refinitiv account manager.

My view is that of a developer, and content experts will know more.

This forum is intended for questions and general discussion centered around Refinitiv API usage, the majority of the members of this forum are developers using Refinitiv API, the moderators of the forum are Refinitiv API experts.

For questions on content, Refinitiv Helpdesk Online -> Content is the best and most efficient way for a client to get them answered by Refinitiv content experts.

Hope this information helps

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.