question

Upvotes
Accepted
6 1 0 1

error accessing rdp

Hello,

I have been using the eikon python api and i am trying to use the rdp python api as well but i am getting an error.

import refinitiv.dataplatform as rdp

rdp.open_desktop_session('[my app key that i use in eikon')

Out[3]: <refinitiv.dataplatform.core.session.desktop_session.DesktopSession at 0x2086abb0d88>

should i generate a new key? is it because i dont have access to it?

please advise

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platform
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@theo01

I'm not sure I understand the question, as I don't see any errors listed in your post. Are you perhaps interpreting "<refinitiv.dataplatform.core.session.desktop_session.DesktopSession at 0x2086abb0d88>" output as an error? If this is the case, your interpretation is incorrect. It's not an error. rdp.open_desktop_session method returns an object of the type refinitiv.dataplatform.core.session.desktop_session.DesktopSession. Jupyter notebook displays the return value of the last call executed in the cell, which in this case is an instance of refinitiv.dataplatform.core.session.desktop_session.DesktopSession object. In other words the output "<refinitiv.dataplatform.core.session.desktop_session.DesktopSession at 0x2086abb0d88>" says that rdp.open_desktop_session method executed successfully and returned an instance of refinitiv.dataplatform.core.session.desktop_session.DesktopSession object with the pointer at 0x2086abb0d88 address in memory.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
6 1 0 1

Thank you Alex. Where can I find the list with available field names? For example for symbol 'GBP1MP='. I tried using the Eikon DIB to get the available fileds but when I used the field 'CF_LAST' in rdp query to get the value I couldnt

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

@theo01

When asking a new question, please always start a new thread. Old threads with accepted answers are not monitored by forum moderators. If you need to reference an old thread, include a link in your post.

DIB is a good place to look for fields names. The field CF_LAST does exist for the RIC GBP1MP=. However, there are several data models available for various types of content. There's a data model for streaming market data, for fundamental & reference data, for timeseries of price history, for news headlines and stories etc. etc. The method that you call determines which data model is applicable. To tell you why you weren't able to retrieve CF_LAST for GBP1MP=, I need to know what call you made. So, if you'd like me to answer the question why you weren't able to retrieve this field, please start a new thread and post the code snippet you used. In the meantime here's one example that does work.

import refinitiv.dataplatform as rdp
import refinitiv.dataplatform.eikon as ek
rdp.open_desktop_session('MY_APP_KEY')
df, err = ek.get_data('GBP1MP=', 'CF_LAST')
df
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.