Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 2

Error occurred in price extraction from Eikon API, it is throwing Interval not supported error for specific RIC codes.

Below is the list of RIC codes for which we are getting interval not supported error:

AR-BNKR-PU, OL-ETNEA-PU, AR-STKR-PU, OL-PRKR-PU

This was working fine until last week. Please help us resolve this.

start_date is 2020-01-01

end_date is 2021-06-01

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apitime-series
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@subarini

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@subarini

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@subarini this is working fine for me - these are weekly data RICs so need to have a weekly interval API call:

df = ek.get_timeseries('AR-BNKR-PU',start_date='2020-01-01',end_date='2021-06-01',interval='weekly')
df

What code are you trying and what is the error message. Please try restarting your Eikon and presenting the above query. I hope this can help.

1622536252714.png (50.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 2

Hi,

Thank you for quick response. We are using the following query:

ek.get_timeseries('AR-BNKR-PU',fields = ['CLOSE'], interval='daily', start_date='2020-01-01', end_date='2021-06-01', calendar="tradingdays")

Error message - Error with AR-BNKR-PU: Interval is not supported

We have been using the same query from last 2 years and never faced this error before.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
10.2k 18 6 9

@subarini which library version are you using? I don't believe the behaviour has changed recently but I will check the dev team. My understanding is that if you request daily you will only receive daily - hence the need to explicitly set weekly or monthly or quarterly for EIA or lower frequency economic data. Are you saying the service returned weekly datapoints for some series and daily datapoints for others in the same query? I doubt this was ever the case. You will need to break your query into appropriate frequencies. This is the error message I receive if I try to request a weekly only and daily RIC:

This is as I would expect it.

1622540320703.png (287.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
79.2k 251 52 74

@subarini

The code works now but it returns the weekly data. Could you please confirm it?

1626671893208.png

1626671893208.png (39.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.