Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Extract dividend records by excluding specific dividend type in Eikon API getdata() call

I am trying to get dividend records for ALSO.PA which dividend type is NOT "Special" via Eikon API.

The following call returns 3 records -- 2 with divtype=Final and 1 with divtype=Specific:

get_data?symbol= ALSO.PA&fields=TR.DivUnadjustedGross|TR.DivCurr|TR.DivExDate|TR.DivType&start_date=2019-01-01&end_date=2021-05-31

How/where can I specify the dividend type to exclude (Special), so this call only return the 2 records with TR.divtype=Final?

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@achan

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@achan

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@achan

You can specify the DivType to 61 which represents the Final type.

The code in Python looks like this:

df, err = ek.get_data('ALSO.PA' , 
             ['TR.DivUnadjustedGross','TR.DivCurr','TR.DivExDate', 'TR.DivType'],
             {'SDate': '2019-01-01', 'EDate': '2021-05-31','DivType':'61'})

The output is:

For more information, you can refer to the Data Item Browser tool to find more parameters used in the request.

1622537908496.png (24.5 KiB)
1622537957807.png (24.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you @jirapongse.phuriphanvichai.

1 follow-up question: Is there a way to express as excluding specific div type instead of including specific div type? E.g. I would like to get all divtypes except special dividends, how can I express it without including all of the many other dividend types?

Upvote
78.8k 250 52 74

@achan

From the available options, it seems that it can only include the DivTypes. You can specify multiple DivTypes, as shown below.

df, err = ek.get_data('ALSO.PA' , 
             ['TR.DivUnadjustedGross','TR.DivCurr','TR.DivExDate', 'TR.DivType'],
             {'SDate': '2019-01-01', 'EDate': '2021-05-31','DivType':'61:70'})

However, you can directly contact the Eikon support team via MyRefinitiv to confirm it.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.