Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

limit change in EKION API requests

Hi there,

I have been using EIKON API for a long time with the same configuration but this noon i have received a message indicating that i am limited "for too many request" and needed to wait almost 10 hours to start sending queries again. Is there a policy change in EIKON API request frequency?

2021-06-01 14:25:42,515 P[3032] [MainThread 24832] Error code 429 | Client Error: Too many requests, please try again later. Wait for 34458 seconds.

2021-06-01 14:25:42,515 P[3032] [MainThread 24832] HTTP request failed: EikonError-Client Error: Too many requests, please try again later. Wait for 34458 seconds.

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apierror-429
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@akentrader

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@akentrader

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @akentrader,

I do not believe you are facing a change on Eikon Data API side. Please see this previous discussion thread for details, as well as Eikon Data API Limits document for more detail. It may be helpful to analyze the request pattern to understand the cause.

Hope this information helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.