For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
23 8 12 22

What is the difference between different Refinitiv service Data Scope Select, Data Scope Select Plus and Tick History

I want to study and i have recently downloaded the User documentation guide for different Refinitiv services like Data Scope Select, Data Scope Select Plus and Tick History. I have also downloaded the Content guide for the above Refinitiv services.

But i want to know exactly what is difference between this services. Is there any documentation or help provided in the Refinitiv for understanding ? The below fields used in the Content guide exist in all the above the services.

Currently I have below fields for Market Making Fonds/ETF - ATF - Equities FFM and i want to find later appropriate Refinitiv REST API sevice which i can use in my Java implementation to fetch the result for the below fields :

TimestampEndFRA (Unique0) 
TimestampEndUTC (Unique0) 
RIC   
ISIN 
MIC 
CURRENCY 
Open 
High 
Low  
Close 
Nobs_Ticks 
Nobs_Trades 
Turnover 
Volume 
BidQty1 
Bid1 
BidQty2 
BidAvailability 
AskAvailability 
AskQty1 
AskQty2 

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdsstick-history-rest-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @rahul.deshmukh,

This forum is most helpful on Refinitiv API usage, and not the best place to advise on what is the right product to provide the specific content that your organization require. Refinitiv content experts would have the expertise to help and your organization's account manager would be able to liaise with the appropriate content group(s) within Refinitiv on your behalf, would be able to help you best on this, by fully evaluating your requirement and helping to make sure of the right product recommendation.

My feel, as you mention intraday content on funds, and not history over the years, Datascope Select may cover your requirement better, and as you are looking for HTTP REST request, rather then FTP, it will not be Datascope Select Plus. Realtime streaming pricing service, such as Refinitiv Real Time Optimized can perhaps be of interest, it's a real time streaming service. I have also pinged your Refinitiv account manager so that they are aware of the interest.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @rahul.deshmukh,

I am a developer, so my viewpoint is that of a developer.

The difference between the products is in the types of content/information that is made available via the product.

To put it very briefly, Refinitiv Tick History is comprised of historical content, i.e. if you are looking for history of prices, in depth, including every tick, that would be Tick History product, while Datascope Select is more reference data and other information product.

At more detailed level "Refinitiv Tick History provides access to historical high frequency timestamped data across all global asset classes since 1996" and "DataScope Select (DSS) offers a comprehensive data model and supports a variety of asset classes, including equities, derivatives, funds, loans, money/foreign exchange, CDS/IRS and OTC equity options. Additional supported data sets include corporate actions, reference data, entity data, evaluated pricing, news, estimates, analytics and technical indicators"

There is, however, some overlap, some of the content is available from either product.

Both products include extensive search capability as well as extraction request capability.

In terms of programmatic access, both products offer HTTP REST request/response interface that is easily integrated via Java.

If you are looking for a specific content, I would suggest contacting your organization's Refinitiv account manager, to discuss your organization's specific requirements in detail. They would be able to help with appropriate product selection and for in-depth content coverage, they may bring into discussion a Refinitiv content expert for that specific content set, to make sure your organization's requirements are best covered.

Hope this information helps

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @rahul.deshmukh

You may also wish to review Refinitiv Tick History data offering specifics in data documents for developers that are available in Refinitiv Tick History (RTH) - REST API -> Data section, Data Coverage guide has tab Coverage Matrix that states what content and from which exchanges, and in Refinitiv DataScope Select - REST API -> Data section.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @rahul.deshmukh,

For completeness, also including Documentation on DatascopePlus on My Refinitiv (you will need to login with your My Refinitiv user), for Datascope content delivered via FTP/SFTP.

icon clock
10 |1500

@zoya.farberov thank you very much for the feedback. I am also looking information from developer point of view. I alreay created ticket on support portal to understand more about this above services.

But at the end to understand which REST API i need to use from the Api reference tree i certainly need to know which fields are mapped as mentioned in the question and which REST API help me to get the values for the fields and so on...

I am still bit confused by looking into documentation from the above services as there is no comparision matrix provide by Refinitiv to understand what actually this services offers and how it differs in terms of content/information, REST API we need to use and so on...

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.