question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 2

「ESTIMATES IBES V1 > GET SUMMARIES」What are the key items in "Measures"?

Hello.

I have a question about the resulting data retrieved by "ESTIMATES IBES V1 > GET SUMMARIES" in RKD.

"Measures": {  

"Measure": [

{

"Code": "SAL",

"Name": "Revenue",

"Abbreviation": "SAL",

"IsPreferred": false,

"ReportingBasis": "Consolidated",

"ValueFormat": { ・・・ },

"Section": "Income Statement",

"PrecisionDetail": 2,

"PrecisionSummary": 2,

"Periods": {}

"Periods": [ ・・・

We are trying to put the "Measures" data into the DB.

(The "ValueFormat":{} and "Periods":{} will be stored in another table related to this one, so they are not relevant here.

I used "Code" as a key item, but the SAL will be duplicated.

Which item should I set as the key item to store the Measures correctly in the DB?

Please let me know.

rkd-apirkdkey
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

<AHS>

Contacted the RKD Online Solution team.

@gagaga_fugugu

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@gagaga_fugugu

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @gagaga_fugugu

The RKD team has reviewed the request message and the question. The team suggests you use the SAL = REVENUE as the standard measure to get revenue estimates. The code SAL can be used in ADD MEASURE field as well however reporting basis and calculation basis fields need to kept blank while using SAL as a single code in ADD MEASURE.

The below information are details of business classification (TRBC). 10872-rkd-ahs.png

rkd-ahs.png (10.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @gagaga_fugugu

Could you please confirm if you already receive the correct data from RKD, but you want to know if there a non-duplicate item in the Measures data array?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 2

Thanks for the reply.

JSON is correctly received from RKD.

When I tried to import the Measures array, the "Code": "SAL" was duplicated, so I would like to know what I should set as the key item to prevent the same thing from happening.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @gagaga_fugugu

Thank you for the information, this question seems to be the RKD data content question rather than the API how to use question.

I am contacting the RKD support team to verify the RKD content structure.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
41 0 0 0

Hello gagaga_fugugu,

The measure code indicates the data items for which data needs to be retrieved. The code for revenue is 'SAL', the code for dividend per share is 'DPS' etc. They will appear in the response multiple times if you are trying to retrieve data for multiple periods. I have tried to prepare a table containing sample values for the headers below including CODE. Are you concerned that the same code SAL is appearing in in both CODE as well as Abbreviation columns ?

CODEAbbreviationNamePeriodValueSALSALRevenueFY11000SALSALRevenueFY21500SALSALRevenueFY31200
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 2

@wasin.waeosri

Hello

Thanks for the reply.

I am waiting for your answer.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 2

Hello, @mohammad waseem

Thank you for your reply. And thank you for the sample.

I will store the "Periods" data, which is the data by fiscal period, in a separate table, so the data I will keep is the measure code data.

(Periods data will be used in conjunction with the current data.

When I requested the data with the following settings, two SALs appeared.

When I requested the data with the following settings, two SALs appeared. There are SAL and Pharma in the Abbreviation column, and I think I should use this as one of the key items, but I would like to know which item is necessary to avoid problems in the future.

-------------------------------------------

SYMBOL

・Type:Ric, Value:0867.HK

MEASURES

・Code:All, Segment Code: (Empty)

RELATIVE PERIODS

・Type: Annual, Number -1

・Type: Annual, Number 0

・Type: Annual, Number 1

・Type: Annual, Number 2

・Type: Annual, Number 3

・Type: Annual, Number 4

・Type: Annual, Number 5

・Type: Annual, Number 6

・Type: Interim, Number -2

・Type: Interim, Number -1

・Type: Interim, Number 0

・Type: Interim, Number 1

・Type: Interim, Number 1

・Type: Interim, Number 3

・Type: Interim, Number 4

Use Summary Options: Check

・Output Industry Code Type: Trbc

・Include Estimate Snapshots:

…the following:No

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @mohammad waseem

Could you please help the client regarding this follow-up question?

Upvotes
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @gagaga_fugugu

Could you please share the XML/JSON request message example so the RKD team can replicate the issue?

Please remove your credential from the file before post the file into this forum too.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
41 0 0 0

@gagaga_fugugu

I tried the same company with same periods and measure code 'SAL' but do not see 'Pharmaceutical Sales' in the name. This company is a pharmaceutical company. The code 'SAL' is for Revenue and applicable to all the companies globally regardless of the industry they belong. You can use 'GetMeasures_1' API call to get the list of measures available for any company with corresponding name.

thanks,

Waseem

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 2

api_trkd_thomsonreuters_com_api_EstimatesIBES.txt@wasin.waeosri

Thanks for the reply.

I will send you the request JSON without the authentication related information.

Currently, I am thinking that there will be no problem if the following items are included in the key items, but is this too much?

Abbreviation

ReportingBasis

Section

If you can give me the correct answer, I would appreciate it.

I would appreciate it if you could give me an answer in a little hurry.

Thank you very much for your help.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello, Thank you for the file. I have passed it with the question to the RKD support team.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.