question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 0 3

Ask about zero_curves and forward_curves API when send request and got retry message

I would like to know the root cause when I send a request to these API and sometimes it's got the message something like " rdp_requester.py - n time retry. wait for x sec. " I wonder why this message appears and how can I avoid it?

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platform
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @nuttanon.jitsamran

Please provide examples of which APIs you are calling?

If the above .py can be shared, please rename and attach it as a .txt file - after removing any credentials such as username, password etc.

Hi @nuttanon.jitsamran,

Are you suggesting when you go to these API pages and try to get the data, you see these errors? Or are you using an example application that uses these APIs? If so, what application are you using? Or did you attempt to create an applications that uses these APIs?

Hello @nuttanon.jitsamran

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@nuttanon.jitsamran

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
17.1k 80 39 63

Hi @nuttanon.jitsamran,

Looking at the logs you submitted, it appears the IPA service is complaining about too many concurrent requests. Was this the error you were referring to in your original post? Using the same code, have you tried to limit the request load/frequency to see if it helps?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Yes it seems working! thanks for your help

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @nuttanon.jitsamran

I just ran my example Article.RDPLibrary.Python.ZeroCouponCurves which uses both the above API endpoints and I did not experience any retry errors.

I also converted the main Jupyter Notebook to a .py file (removed the charts etc) and ran that from the command line and again I do not see the above issue.

Is this all zc-curve/forward curve request that gives you the retry error - or just some specific complex ones?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 0 0 3

Hi @umer.nalla

I have found this error in a specific complex situation in my app on SELF PPE, I have the 15 curves/payload and I send 2 requests by using a concurrent method (asyncio) by this case sometimes I got an error as I said in the beginning here below is the log that i found an error

1623122472681.png (93.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @nuttanon.jitsamran

Thanks for providing the additional information that you are using concurrency -this now puts the problem into context.

If you are able to share a code snippet showing exactly what you are doing - you don't have to necessarily include the full curve request definition, but the concurrency related code would be useful to understand what you are doing.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 0 0 3

Hi @umer.nalla

here is my sample of the code that I used concurrency I combine 15 curves in payload and send it to the endpoint sometimes it just appears the error message

1623146361863.png (45.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @nuttanon.jitsamran,

Is there a reason why you are using ppe endpoints? Have you tried using the async version of the financial-contracts endpoints?

Yeah it's my own code the reason I using ppe endpoints is curves on the production is not ready yet so I need to use ppe. I also ask on the qps team about the limitation of API it seems like I can send 1 request/sec. Thanks for your all help

Hi @nuttanon.jitsamran

I am not familiar with RdpRequester - is that your own code?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.