For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
16 3 6 12

why are two RICS with different case?

quite specifically, I'm trying to understand why the my request results show both of these RICs, which supposedly refer to the same option, so why are they different?

(notice the second X)

SPXx152310000.U

SPXX152310000.U

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssrics
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @opsp

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @opsp,

For an explanation of symbology rules or to investigate a suspected discrepancy is content, the most efficient way is to refer it to Refinitiv content experts via Refinitiv Helpdesk Online -> Content -> DSS, providing the complete details of your request.

This forum can be of most help to you with Refinitiv API usage, the members of the forum are developers, the moderators are Refinitiv API experts.

To my best knowledge, in RICs, case is always meaningful, i.e. I would suppose that the two RICs with case difference are indeed different.

I have run them via RIC Search Tool:

SPXx152318000.U - OPRA S&P 500 Index Option 1800 Put Dec 2023

SPXX152310000.U - OPRA S&P 500 Index Option 100 Put Dec 2023 and OPRA S&P 500 Index Option 1000 Put Dec 2023

Strike price differs, it's a different option, from my observation.

I hope this information helps, however, for the authoritative conclusion on content, please refer the question to Refinitiv content experts.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
16 3 6 12

i'd argue that the primary key of a database is very much a "systems and api" side of things, and not a "content" matter... however ok thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.