question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 5 5 8

How can I get a list of all companies that fall under a particular TRBC classification?

I am using the Refinitiv Data Platform API on a Mac.

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platform
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
17.2k 82 39 63

@oliver.rogers19,

In code, the search would look like this:

rdp.search(
    view = rdp.SearchViews.Organisations,
    filter = "RCSTRBC2012Name eq 'Utilities'",
    select = "PrimaryRIC, CommonName",
    top = 10
)

Resulting in this:

ahs.png (22.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
22k 59 14 21

Hi @oliver.rogers19,

You can use RDP Search and use TRBC name to filter out companies. For example, to get Utilities, you can use:

https://api.refinitiv.com/discovery/searchlight/v1/

{
  "View": "Organisations",
  "Filter": "RCSTRBC2012Name eq 'Utilities'",
  "Select": "PrimaryRIC, CommonName",
  "Top": 10
}

Response:

{
  "Total": 73233,
  "Hits": [{
      "PrimaryRIC": "NEE",
      "CommonName": "Nextera Energy Inc"
    }, {
      "PrimaryRIC": "ENEI.MI",
      "CommonName": "Enel SpA"
    },

For more information, see help for SearchLight in the API playground.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
2 5 5 8

Thanks for the reply @Gurpreet. How do I then embed the body of the search inside an RDP query? I have tried the following which returned None.

rdp.search({
  "View": "Organisations",
  "Filter": "RCSTRBC2012Name eq 'Utilities'",
  "Select": "PrimaryRIC, CommonName",
  "Top": 10})
icon clock
10 |1500

@Gurpreet a quick follow question is where can I find the documentation for the TRBC filter? From your example, 'Name' seems to filter at the TRBC Economic Sector level. I would like to also be able to look up how to filter at the Industry or Activity level

Upvote
22k 59 14 21

@oliver.rogers19,

I would recommend that you start with this article on search. It explains search in great detail. The filter and metatdata is also described in the API playground under the reference tab.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.