question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 5 5 8

Where can I find documentation on all the RDP datafields?

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platform
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
17.3k 82 39 63

Hi @oliver.rogers19,

RDP is comprised of over a hundred endpoints, each defining data fields in some form or another. I assume you may possibly be referring to the data fields or properties related to the RDP Search service given you just previously asked a question around this in another thread?

In some cases, depending on the service, you can find documentation on fields within the API Playground or within the developer community for the specific endpoint.

If you are interested in finding documentation related to all the properties within Search, your only tool available is to use the Search metadata endpoint. While this endpoint will list the available properties for a given view, along with some important attributes, it does not yet include a description - you will have to infer the meaning based on the name of the property. There are plans to include details around documentation in the near future.

I would suggest you use the API call within the Refinitiv Data Library for Python to retrieve metadata. You can find an example here.

There is a complete Search Article written around how to approach Search and how to interrogate the service to figure out how and what Properties to use to pull out data.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
2 5 5 8

Hi @nick.zincone.1

Thank you for this very helpful reply! I was indeed referring to the RDP search function.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.