Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
38 6 9 11

Obtain results of index universe using Eikon API

Dear Refinitiv Team,

I am trying to obtain the RICs of several thousand Equity Indices. I'm able to use the Advanced search function to display what I wanted within the Eikon application (please see this file: equity_indices.png). However, I need to export more than the maximum number of rows allowed for download by Excel (4000 rows)--do you know of a command that I could run using the Eikon API in Python? I've been trying to recreate this using the Code Creator app but haven't been able to.

Thank you very much in advance,

Adrien

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
equity-indices.png (239.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
17.2k 82 39 63

Hi @AAMZ,

You can try this:

import refinitiv.dataplatform as rdp
df=rdp.search(
    view = rdp.SearchViews.IndexInstruments,
    select = "CommonName,ConstituentExchangeName,RIC,PrimaryChainRIC,DTSimpleType"
)

ahs.png

ahs.png (29.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks a lot @nick.zincone.1 , also for the quick response. The formula looks good and I'll give it a try as soon as I get my RDP connection in Python working in Python. Thanks again
Upvotes
131 1 0 0

@AAMZ

To add to the response by @nick.zincone.1, I suggest you take a look at the article titled "Building Search into your Application Workflow". RDP Search Service limits search result window to 10K documents. See the chapter titled "Segmenting the search" in the above article for discussion on techniques you can use to retrieve larger universe as a search result.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.