question

Upvotes
Accepted
35 5 7 7

EMA Proxy Connection

Hi team,

We are having some issues to establish connection through EMA API, the client has a proxy so i used the next parameter to create the Cosumer configuration

tunnellingProxyHostName

tunnellingProxyPort

1623782127220.png

but the next error is showing

1623782278866.png

I've not been able to replicate the error from my side and i have not clue what could be the problem

the Keystore parameters are optional i've tried with and withouth keystore parameters (including the .jks file) and it works from my side but the client has this issue

does EmaConfig.xml file need aditional configuration for proxy? or Java has any option to work with proxies related with EMA API?

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks for your support!

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrt
1623782127220.png (18.2 KiB)
1623782278866.png (77.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
35 5 7 7
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @carlosrodrigo.arce,

Would like to suggest the following approach to troubleshooting:

The current list of endpoints in use by RTTO is

endpoints.gif

Where the first stanza is your geographical region, second is the specific endpoint number (recommended to ensure access to all from your region) and the next stanza is your assigned tier, 1,2 or 3.

For more details, please refer to:

Refinitiv Real-Time - Optimized Install and Config Guide

I would suggest to first, run RTTO connectivity requirements by your organization's network admin/group, to make sure the connectivity requirements from your test machine are met.

---

Once connectivity is verified, I would relay on your system-wide Proxy Settings, and follow EMA Quickstart - Connecting to RTTO step-by-step, to run your first simplest RTTO example, without modifications, to verify by seeing streaming prices.

---

Once the simple example connects and your verify seeing update messages, this and other examples from SDK can be a great stepping stone to design the integration to your organization's requirements, in confidence.

Hope this helps

endpoints.gif (22.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

We've been testing connection and it seems they are having problems with the SSL certificate when the API connects to

https://api.refinitiv.com/auth/oauth2/v1/token

to retreive the token

1623965602502.png

Client told me their proxy has the ip configured but how should they install the SSL certificate or how should i proceed?

Do you have a contact that i could email for more specific info?

Thanks for the support

1623965602502.png (77.6 KiB)
Also PKIX unable to find valid certificate still showing up
Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @carlosrodrigo.arce ,

Sorry I have missed your comment.

I would, as the first step, try updating to the latest version of Java, because it already includes the certificates and you will not need to install them. Please see this previous discussion thread for more information.

This other previous discussion thread discusses how to verify the issue, if for your scenario, the Java update does not resolve the issue.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.