Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
63 10 17 19

Cash Flow For a Bond Portfolio

The excellent article Bond CashFlow article posted the Refinitiv Developer Community (https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/article-catalog/article/payout-schedule-and-cash-flow-analysis-for-a-bond-portfolio ) use IPA to build the cash flows. Can the same be done using just the Eikon API? I am unable to make the code in the article to work. So wondered if the Eikon API can do the same.

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apibonds
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
17.2k 82 39 63

Hi @rajanraju,

It might be helpful if you were to demonstrate what/where you are specifically running into issues when using the code. If you are starting out, using the Quickstart guide as @Alex Putkov. highlighted is a great place to get familair, but I would also like to make you aware that in many cases if things fail, you can easily interrogate the responses by looking at additional details. For example, in the article, there is a call to get bond analytics:

df = rdp.get_bond_analytics(
    universe = universe,
    fields = ["InstrumentCode",
              "NotionalCcy",
              "PositionInDealCcy",
              "InterestPaymentFrequency", 
              "CashFlowDatesArray",
              "CashFlowInterestAmountsInDealCcyArray",
              "CashFlowCapitalAmountsInDealCcyArray"
             ]
)

If there happens to be an issue with the service, such as the user isn't permissioned to retrieve this information, the above result will produce an empty result set. However, you can interroate the response by issuing the following:

rdp.get_last_status()

This will provide some additional details. Hope this helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you @nick.zincone.1 : Indeed i was getting the empty set - which was befuddling. I did some further digging and found the issue - as you flagged by interrogating the last response. Account manager is now looking into the matter.
Upvote
39.4k 77 11 27

@rajanraju

I'm afraid not. You need to use RDP Library. See Quickstart Guide for RDP Library for Python to help you get started.

icon clock
10 |1500

Thank you @Alex Putkov.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.