question

Upvotes
Accepted
383 7 13 15

How do I provider failover hostlist for ETA to connect to RRTDS or RRTO

How do I provider failover hostlist for ETA to connect to RRTDS or RRTO ?

Will it be handled by ETA library or it needs to be implemented by client application?

Here failover means, I want to provider list of servers to connect to.

For eg, {trep1, trep2, trep3} and if trep 1 is not available, then it should try to connect to next server in hostlist.

/Bhimrao.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdktreprrteta-apifailover
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @Bhimrao.Ghule

Please see more detail about ETA and ETA ValueAdd failover in the https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/21335/eta-resiliencyfailover-management.html post:

However, I still think the EMA API suggested by my colleague is easier to use when comparing to ETA/ETA ValueAdd.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@wasin.waeosri : we have already progressed on ETA Value added , so move to EMA is not option now,

We implemented failover by using ETA ValueAdd.

Thanks for help

Upvotes
22k 58 14 21

Hi @Bhimrao.Ghule,

ETA is a low level API stack and application developer is responsible for design and development of any failover capability. EMA on the other hand is quite performant API and offers these value add features, through the use of ChannelSet in configuration.

Please consider EMA API, if you are early in the application development process. Here is an article on how to do this in EMA.

https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/article-catalog/article/how-implement-service-resiliency-ema-consumer-application

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.