question

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 1 2

DSWS Authentification just failed

I've been using DSWS in Python for more than a year without issue. It worked fine earlier this morning. However, authentification just failed for the first time, and keeps failing. In Python, when using

ds = DSWS.Datastream(username = "XXXXXX", password = "XXXXXX")

I get the following error:

_get_token : Exception Occured (<class 'requests.exceptions.ConnectionError'>, ConnectionError(MaxRetryError("HTTPSConnectionPool(host='product.datastream.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /DSWSClient/V1/DSService.svc/rest/GetToken (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x0000024F057F5448>: Failed to establish a new connection: [WinError 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it'))")), <traceback object at 0x0000024F057F5288>) None

I have not modified my username or password int the code. The Xs in the above line of code represent where I have my actual username and password.

I need to resolve this quickly, as I use the code for trading and am currently not able to execute it due to the DSWS error.

pythondatastream-apidsws-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@User1

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@User1

Hi,

Please let us know if you have any updates on this question.

If it is still an issue, please post again to offer further insight into your question.

Regards,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@User1

There was a service disruption earlier today affecting several Refinitiv products including Datastream Web Service and Eikon. The issue is resolved as of 6pm GMT. If you continue experiencing service disruptions, please contact Refinitiv Helpdesk via MyRefinitiv.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39 2 5 6

@User1, I don't know if related, but in my company, we have lost access to a lot of, but not all, data in the desktop Eikon, and I'm getting errors running my Python scripts that use the Eikon API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
21 0 1 2

The issue does appear tied to the service disruption as DSWS now works again. Another large data provider I've used sends out an email to all users whenever a data disruption takes place, and then updates as required until the disruption is fixed. It would be nice if Refinitiv implemented such a practice so users are aware and knowledgable why their trading systems are inoperable.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

@User1

Refinitiv does indeed provide notifications of service disruptions and other issues affecting Refinitiv services. You can subscribe to service alert notifications on MyRefinitiv. Click on Service Alerts, then on Subscription Wizard and follow the prompts to subscribe to alert notifications you'd like to receive.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

If you have any issue, then communicate with refinitiv customer care support.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.