Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 2

HTTP request response 503: Cant access Eikon data API through python official library

Hi,

I've been trying to reach support for this issue by phone and they ask me to upload a thread here. I'm behind a corporate proxy and unable to reach the eikon API through the python library, although I'm able to check the status of the API through a web browser or Postman. I've been following the https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/article-catalog/article/eikon-data-api-python-troubleshooting-refinitiv

Eikon Desktop is up and running with online data in the same machine that python and eikon library is installed. The proxy is configured in the machine with the HTTP_PROXY and HTTPS_PROXY environment variables. The logs showed the API running, here is a screenshot of it:

Using Postman to query http://127.0.0.1:9060/api/status works as expected, receiving a statusCode "ST_PROXY_READY" and the version (2.8.0), the same is obtained through a normal get with a browser.

Despite all that, Python lib does not work. I imagine it's due to some kind of configuration missing for the lib regarding the proxy/bypassing, here is a screenshot of the 503 error:

python-lib2.png

I wanted to upload more images but the thread only allows me to upload 2, hope that it's clear enough.

Thanks in advance

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiproxyerror-503
apilog2.png (79.4 KiB)
python-lib2.png (97.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
78.2k 246 52 72

@jcbozzetti

It could be 159.220.54.3.

C:\Users\U8009686>nslookup
Default Server:  stcp-tenidns01vrrp.ten.thomsonreuters.com
Address:  10.29.128.9

> amers2.apps.cp.thomsonreuters.com
Server:  stcp-tenidns01vrrp.ten.thomsonreuters.com
Address:  10.29.128.9

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    hdcp-erpcprp-sdk-sancert1-www.cp.thomsonreuters.com
Address:  159.220.54.3
Aliases:  amers2.apps.cp.thomsonreuters.com

However, it is better to contact the Eikon support team to confirm it.

From my finding, "getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND" may relate to the permission of your Eikon user.

I have submitted a new case (10129377) under your name to the Eikon support team to verify the settings. The support team will contact you regarding this issue.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @roliveri

I think that you may have proxy / firewall / network rule which blocked the communication between Eikon Data API and Eikon API Proxy.

Please check this with your IT team.

icon clock
10 |1500

I know it's something related to the corporate proxy, but I have a connection with the eikon desktop app to online data so the configuration should be on the python/eikon lib side of things. If I could spot what the cause is I could ask for a specific solution to IT.
Upvote
78.2k 246 52 72

@roliveri

It looks like Python still uses the HTTP proxy when connecting to the localhost (127.0.0.1). You may try to use the NO_PROXY environment variable for the localhost.

icon clock
10 |1500

I was thinking of trying this today (didn't have time yesterday) I'll try and report back!

Okay, after setting the NO_PROXY to 127.0.0.1, I could reach the API through python so that was solved. But another 500 error just pop up after the first status /api/status request:

python-lib3.jpg

I don't have access to amers1.apps.cp.thomsonreuters.com through a web browser, neither on the machine with this problem nor in another where I could use the eikon library without problem (outside of the corporate proxy).

Trying to do the API handshake results in a 404 either from postman with the app id set in the headers or from a browser

1624977424040.png

Thanks for your first reply

python-lib3.jpg (442.1 KiB)
1624977424040.png (119.3 KiB)

@roliveri

It looks like to be a network issue. To test the http://127.0.0.1:9060/api/handshake endpoint, you need to use the HTTP POST method. The payload contains the following JSON.

{
                    "AppKey": "<app key>",
                    "AppScope": "rapi",
                    "ApiVersion": "1",
                    "LibraryName": "Eikon Python Library",
                    "LibraryVersion": "1.1.8"
}

1626159404608.png

1626159404608.png (51.9 KiB)
Upvotes
1 0 0 1
hi , I am following @roliveri . same org. Could you please provide the IP for : amers2.apps.cp.thomsonreuters.com ? Our IT team is asking for that . Thanks
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.