Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

How to resolve code 413 error ('unable to resolve some identifiers)?

I am getting code 413 error ('unable to resolve some identifiers) error when running the code to get constituents of Nifty 50 stocks, similar issues for Nifty Next 50 and Nifty 500 index.

ek.get_data("0#.NIFTY500", ['TR.RIC'])
ek.get_data('0#.NSEI(20210629)', ['TR.RIC'])

1625016085019.png

I have been using above code for long time, but is giving error now, I have tried different solution suggested by @jason.ramchandani , but to no avail.

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/63539/downloading-the-constituents-for-the-russell-3000.html

and contacted support also, but they asked to post question here only.

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
1625016085019.png (25.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
78.2k 246 52 72

The case has been closed with the following resolution.

Currently NSEI ICW details are discontinued on EIKON. The Index movers, Market movers, Constituent Analysis and Eikon Excel (TR formulas) will no longer display ICW data. Please note the Real Time chain will continue to be offered as it is hence the clients can refer to the Real Time chains [ Example RIC : 0#.NSEI ] to view constituent details that are available on EIKON.
So, It is advised to use the RData Formula for pulling Constituents for the Chains, <0#.NSEI> and <0#.NIFTY500>

This means that there is no way to retrieve the index constituents via Eikon API as for other indices. TR.RIC and TR.IndexConstituentRIC don't work with 0#.NIFTY500 any more and Python functions needs a parameter to work.
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @ckumar

I contacted the case 10037845 owner and make sure that the case is escalated to an appropriate group.

I am sorry for the confusion and inconvenience caused.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.