question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 2 3

Cannot connect to Refinitiv cloud using refinitiv sdk in my own app

I was able to run successfully the example provided in the Refinitiv sdk (113_MP_SessionMgmt) but when I try to use the same code in my own application it doesn't work.

Note that my server dlls/exe are in a "bin" folder but the server is run in the parent directory (in other words the current directory is not the bin directory). As it looks like some dlls are loaded dynamically could it he cause of the error I get:

loggerMsg

TimeStamp: 11:30:23.528

ClientName: ChannelCallbackClient

Severity: Success

Text: Received ChannelUp event on channel Channel_4

Instance Name Consumer_4_1

Connected component version: ads3.4.2.L1.linux.tis.rrg 64-bit

loggerMsgEnd

loggerMsg

TimeStamp: 11:30:23.529

Severity: Verbose

Text: Received ChannelReady event on channel Channel_4

loggerMsgEnd

loggerMsg

TimeStamp: 11:30:23.902

Severity: Warning

Text: Received ChannelDownReconnecting event on channel Channel_4

RsslReactor 0x0000000020A57050

RsslChannel 0x0000000020A57050

Error Id -1

Internal sysError 10035

Error Location D:\Jenkins\workspace\ESDKCore_RCDEV\OS\VS141-64\rcdev\source\rtsdk\Cpp-C\Eta\Impl\Reactor\rsslReactor.c:4884

Error Text <D:\Jenkins\workspace\ESDKCore_RCDEV\OS\VS141-64\rcdev\source\rtsdk\Cpp-C\Eta\Impl\Transport\rsslSocketTransportImpl.c:696> Error:1002 ipcRead() failure. System errno: (10035)

loggerMsgEnd

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrt
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Nicolas.Belhoste1

Hi,

Please let us know if you have any updates on this question.

If it is still an issue, please post again to offer further insight into your question.

Regards,

AHS

@Nicolas.Belhoste1

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@Nicolas.Belhoste1

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @Nicolas.Belhoste1 ,

In addition to the check suggested by @jirapongse.phuriphanvichai ,

As some ideas to troubleshoot, would it make sense to:

1. Go to bare bones as much as possible. Start with the working example, and little-by-little modify it to what you would like to have in your custom app per your requirements. See at what point the failure occures

2. See if you run your app as the same user/have the same permissions

3. See if all files and folders on the file system that your custom app may require are fully accessible by the user it is run as, read, write and execute permissions, just in case.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
78.8k 250 52 74

@Nicolas.Belhoste1

What is the version of EMA you are using?

If it is old, please upgrade it to the latest version. The latest version is Real-Time-SDK-2.0.2.L1.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 2 3

I'm using RTSDK-2.0.1.L2.win.rrg, I can try the latest version, but the thing is that when I test a sample provided in the SDK, it's working. When I put the same code in my own app it doesn't work.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.