question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 2 1 7

Is the com.EikonDesktopDataAPI not available by windows task scheduler?

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/7522/unable-to-cast-com-object-of-type-system-comobject.html

↑ This is my previous problem, it is solved, thanks to Zhenya Kovalyov.

After I finished implementing the API of Eikon (RtGet , RData, TR), I met another problem, when I execute the program with calling the API by windows task scheduler, the status is always executing and non-stop.

I can make sure the program is ok when I execute stand-alone, but it will be some problems when using task scheduler.

Please refer to my attachment, thanks!!!

eikonbatch.zip

eikoneikon-com-apic#
eikonbatch.zip (106.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
3 2 1 7

Please refer to my attachment

I got the problems, if I use the "Run only when user is logged on", it's ok. but when I use "Run whether user is logged on or not", the batch will freeze.

task.zip

task.zip (1.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@dirkho it is essential that Eikon can start up or run correctly during the execution of your script. I am not sure that starting up Eikon as a service will work, after all it is a desktop terminal.

The functionality you are after (take a snapshot of fields and save them into a file) is supported in DataScope Select.

Just to confirm what Zhenya said, Eikon cannot possibly work outside of interactive session of Windows. Any application using any APIs currently available in Eikon will only work if the Windows domain account under which the application is running is logged on to the Windows session.

thanks, I will use it in interactive mode. this is just a sample, our requirement is doing some comparison and send mail for notification. i'll try the DSS, thanks!!!

Upvotes
78.8k 250 52 74

I can run the application properly when using task scheduler. It created a test.txt file with the following content.

0-0 : PRIMACT_1
0-1 : 0.7555
0-0 : 
0-1 : Moody's Long-term Issuer Rating
0-2 : Fitch Long-term Issuer Default Rating
1-0 : AUGV5YUSAQ=R
1-1 : Aaa
1-2 : AAA

Can you export the task so we will know its settings?

taskscheduler.png (13.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Same here, I have tested it and it works fine.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.