Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 2

Getting a "ConnectionResetError: [WinError 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host" error while using the dataplatform API in python.

I'm using the refinitiv dataplatform package in python along with the get_timeseries() function. My code runs in a loop and calls the get_timeseries function every 5 minutes. After the first call to the function, I receive the ConnectionResetError: [WinError 10054] error for every subsequent function call.

Full Error:

Exception in callback _ProactorBasePipeTransport._call_connection_lost(None)

handle: <Handle _ProactorBasePipeTransport._call_connection_lost(None)>

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "c:\programdata\anaconda3\lib\asyncio\events.py", line 81, in _run

self._context.run(self._callback, *self._args)

File "c:\programdata\anaconda3\lib\asyncio\proactor_events.py", line 162, in _call_connection_lost

self._sock.shutdown(socket.SHUT_RDWR)

ConnectionResetError: [WinError 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiconnection-error
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@puneet.mishra

Could you include the code snippet with the loop, so I could try reproducing the issue? It would also be helpful to know the version of Python you're using and the version of RDP library. The latter you can get by running

import refinitiv.dataplatform as rdp
rdp.__version__
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.