For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
34 5 4 3

MRN WebSocket filter before uncompressing

Is it possible to filter the news that will be received by a WebSocket, when signing up for a MRN_STORY *before* receiving and uncompressing the news received?

I ask that because otherwise one will have to receive, uncompress and filter each news which might not be relevant. If it would be possible to define that, for example, only news coming from the country 'US' with the language 'EN' would be received, that would decrease the amount of traffic and processing.

If this is possible, please let me know how; if it is not possible (which appears to be the case), then I would like to be sure of it!

websocketsrrtorefinitiv-realtime-optimisedmrn
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Made the question public

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @henrique.hissataka

No, you can filter or query news or request specific news with the MRN. This is the expected behavior of MRN as the Real-Time News that always sends all news from Refinitiv Real-Time to the consumer. The consumer needs to assemble, decode and uncompress to get the news content, and filter/query the news that matches the requirement.

If you want to query or filter specific news, you can use other APIs such as Refinitiv Data Platform APIs (RDP) to request news via the REST API (HTTP request-response and Message Queue). Please see more detail in the following resources:

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.