Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
18 0 0 5

Is it possible to get the latest estimates for Gold price?

Hello all,

I would like to have the list of broker's estimates for gold price this year and next year.

I have found the following TR field: TR.RealizedPriceGoldEstValue(Period=FY1) (definition: "The contributing broker's estimate (...). Realized Price - Gold is the average price received from sale of gold during the period")

How can I use this field?

Ideally the result should be something like this:

Estimate  Units     Period Brokers name     Date estimate
1800      USD/troz  CY0    ABC Securities   2021-06-25
1820      USD/troz  CY0    XYZ Bank         2021-06-02
1900      USD/troz  CY0    Bank of Country  2021-06-16
1910      USD/troz  CY+1   ABC Securities   2021-06-25
1840      USD/troz  CY+1   XYZ Bank         2021-06-02
1940      USD/troz  CY+1   Bank of Country  2021-06-16

It can be either all estimates made in the last 30 days (including all estimates made by a certain broker if they have made more than one estimate in that period), or the latest estimates made by each of the available brokers.

I'm using Python.

Many thanks

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiestimates
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@annick.weverbergh yes I believe you can:

To get the latest estimates by broker try - ii hope this can help.

df,err = ek.get_data(['XAU='],['TR.EPSEstValue(Period=FY1).date','TR.EPSEstValue(Period=FY1)','TR.EPSEstBrokerName(Period=FY1)','TR.EPSLIEstDate(Period=FY1)','TR.EPSEstPeriodYr(Period=FY1)','TR.EPSEstPeriodMon(Period=FY1)'])

df

1625829837292.png

1625829837292.png (288.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @annick.weverbergh

The moderators here do not have deep expertise in every type of content available through Eikon.

You may want to verify this with Refinitiv Helpdesk by asking if there's a way to do this using =TR function in Eikon Excel.
If there's a way to do this using a formula in Excel, then this formula can be replicated using Eikon Data APIs by using the same instruments and fields.The Refinitiv Content Helpdesk can be reached using Contact Us capability in your Eikon application.
Or by calling the Helpdesk number in your country.
Or at https://my.refinitiv.com/

If you have the TR formula, we can help to demonstrate how to use them with Eikon Data API in Python.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
18 0 0 5

Thank you very much, @jason.ramchandani , it does the trick ! I would never have thought of using "Earnings Per Share - Broker Estimate" to get metal price estimates :p But it seems to return what I need.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.