Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 2 4

Jupyter Notebook Unable to Connect to API

Whenever I attempt to connect to the Eikon API through Jupyter notebook, I get an error saying:

EikonError: Error code -1 | Port number was not identified. Check if Eikon Desktop or Eikon API Proxy is running.

I have ensured that the API Proxy (Refinitiv Workspace) is indeed running and have also checked that the App Key is correct. I also tried creating a new App Key but the result is the same. Any assistance here would be appreciated.

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@mitchell.gillespie

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@mitchell.gillespie

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@mitchell.gillespie Please see these threads to see if they can help. Thread1 Thread2 Let us know how you get on. The rollback is a more extreme measure - try Alex's suggestions first.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.