question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 2 3

Tick History - rate of access to the token endpoint

I have a client who is using RTH to make small, but numerous API calls using Historical Pricing and Elektron Time Series Report Templates. Their use case uses serverless cloud technology so I believe they are making individual RIC requests. They are querying the number of authentication tokens they can generate and concurrently use. They have 2 IDs with a modest quota not met. Their workflow was working fine until recently. They are finding the documentation confusing for what seems to be a nuances use case. I am getting the Data Engineer on the Dev Portal and will @copy him in once I have done so.

tick-history-rest-apiauthenticationtokenrefresh
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
78.2k 246 52 72

@JamesECatling

Refer to the DataScope Select Best Practices & Fair Usage Policy:

Reuse Authentication Tokens for Faster Authentication
Creating and reusing an authentication token is the fastest and most efficient way of handling authentication. It is superior to providing a user ID and password each time you submit a request, and to creating a new authentication token each time you submit a request.
Authentication Token Limits 
An authentication token remains valid for 24 hours. If a token has expired, you simply create a new one. You can reuse a token as often as you like within that 24-hour period. You can create as many tokens as you want, as often as you want. 

However, there is a request limitation regarding authentication.

1626083960092.png

If the application exceeds this limitation, it may get the Too Many Requests error, as mentioned in this thread.

1626083960092.png (73.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
5 0 2 3

Thank you @jirapongse.phuriphanvichai, I think the link to the prior question will really help. I have relayed the information to the client and see what he says, hopefully he will come on here if he has more questions.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.