question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 2 4 4

TRTH - Facing error while downloading/extracting data after migration to new url

Hello, I am raising below issue on behalf of a client:

We downloaded 'Trade - Open Interest' data using TickHistoryTimeAndSales for the SPXW and AAPL options chain. But the file downloaded has some error page in it and not the expected data. Although this has happened only twice after we migrated to the new API endpoints, we would still want to know how this could be avoided and what the errors mean. Ideally, we would want the errors to appear while the connection is being made or the data is being polled.

1) I am attaching the Python code. Please check if it is correct as per the migration (issue is intermittent so I do not think its related to the code).

2) Error Code when extracting the data. Please check this file and let me know if you can find the cause of the issue. As we can get the notes file but when downloading we get this error.

download_cboe_oi_daily.py.txt20210513_spxw_opt_error.txt

tick-history-rest-apimigration
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@mohamed.hisham

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

I can run the code properly.

I assume that the error message (20210513-spxw-opt-error.txt) was sent by the DSS server. It is better to contact the development team to verify the problem on the server.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @mohamed.hisham

Is the issue still outstanding?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.