Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
63 10 17 19

Eikon Data API Not Working

Have eikon api ver 1.1.12. Since early 12th, the API has largely stopped working for get_data(), get_symbology(), get_news_headlines(). Have been on line with support for a few hours, but no resolution as yet. The function calls simply hang. Have tried power off, checking network connection, downgrading API to 1.1.10, waiting etc. Need to get this fixed.

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
78.1k 246 52 72

@rajanraju

First, you may need to verify the version of Eikon you are using and make sure that it runs properly. My Eikon is 4.0.54. You can refer to the Eikon Data API(Python) Troubleshooting.

Next, you can enable logging in Eikon Data API by using the following command.

ek.set_log_level(1)

You can share the log file when the problem occurred.

You can also provide the following information.

1. The version of Python

2. The result of 'pip list' command. We need to verify the versions of Python packages installed on the machine.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
63 10 17 19

@jirapongse.phuriphanvichai thank you. Python version was 3.8. I created a new environment and it is now working. However, is it possible to share the pip list with you to troubleshoot the problem environment? Could i send it via email?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.