For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
25 8 14 18

RTO : password special characters that breaks the url used to connect to the cloud

Hello,

We are looking to the list of special characters that can break the url when we want to connect to the cloud.
We had the issue with on of our client with the following quote character ".
We are now encountering the issue with another client but we do not know what is the character that can cause this issue, in the password we have the following :

$
#
@
;
%

In the error log we have : [{"error":{"id":"82ecc32b-af0e-4149-a402-555954e5b9a1","code":"400","message":"Validation error","status":"Bad Request","errors":[{"key":"takeExclusiveSignOnControl","reason":"invalid URL escape \"%$G\""}]}}

So I guess the issue is % but not sure.

Can you help us and provide the full list of the special characters that breaks the url ?

Regards,
Henri

websocketsrrtorefinitiv-realtime-optimisedurl
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Henri.GARDON

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25 8 14 18

Hello,
We found the issue on our side, the Unsafe Characters were not properly encoded.
Thank you for your help,
Best regards,

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @Henri.GARDON ,

I think all five characters on the list are either reserved or unsafe for use in URLs:

HTML - URL Encoding

The opposite is also true, please see https://stackoverflow.com/questions/695438/what-are-the-safe-characters-for-making-urls

Hope this helps

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @Henri.GARDON

How did you send the password to the HTTP request? My test password contains the "@", "#","!", etc. but I can manage to send the password to the RDP Auth Service by cover it with a double-quote (" ") like the following example:

python market_price_rdpgw_service_discovery.py --user machine-id --password "<The password with @, #, !, = , ...>" --clientid app_key

java MarketPriceRdpGwServiceDiscovery --user machine-id --password "<The password with @, #, !, = , ...>" --clientid app_key
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.