Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 5

I want to use the ek.get_newsheadlines and ek.get_news_story codes to get archived data, say news data from 1990s.

I want to use the ek.get_newsheadlines and ek.get_news_story codes to get archived data, say news data from 1990s.

As of now I am able to get data from a year back only:

code used:

df = ek.get_news_headlines('Topic:STX AND Language:LEN AND Source:RTRS', date_from='...',date_to='..',count=50)

df.head()

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
10.1k 18 6 9

@akshmita Eikon carries a maximum of15 months worth of news - which is a massive amount akready. To go back further you need to use a different product called News Archive which is part of our News Analytics product group. Please reach out to your account manager who can arrange a trial for you. I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi thanks, I need older data for a research project, so will reach out to the account manager for news archive

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.