For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 2

Is there any XSD Schema for the Request / Response bodies of the DataScope Select REST API

Hello. I am using the DSS REST API through a Java program where I do the HTTP Requests with \Jersey Library.

My question is whether there is an official XSD Schema for the request and response bodies that defines the names and format of the parameters used. If such schema exists, then where can I find it ?

Reason for my question is that from an XSD Schema, I can easily and automatically generate Java Beans for the request and response bodies and thus have:

- Format checking at compile time. Users cannot put parameters which are outside ot the schema and there is not java setter for them in the Java Bean
- Runtime format validation. Each response is matched to the expected Java Bean and thus verified that its content can be mapped to that bean (has expected format).

- Have clean programming style. Here is what I actually expect Event though XSD schema is designed to describe XML, I guess it could perfectly appy for JSON format as well. So for example a

XML schema for the authentication endpoint: https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Authentication/RequestToken wifh example

body: { "Credentials": { "Username": "33314", "Password": "XXXXXXX" } } Could look like this:

<xs:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified" elementFormDefault="qualified" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">;
<xs:element name="Credentials">
<xs:complexType>
<xs:sequence>
<xs:element type="xs:int" name="Username"/>
<xs:element type="xs:string" name="Password"/>
</xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>
</xs:schema>

Best Regards

Yordan
dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
465 3 5 3

There are tools such as Restlet that allow code generating proxy classes in Java for OData endpoints. We have not verified, neither do we currently support the use of Restlet, but it would be worth looking into. I am interested in your findings and any issues you may run into. This may be something we could get prioritized.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
1.1k 5 3 5

Navigating to the root URL (https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/) in a browser will produce a help screen that has links to the OData metadata. You should find this to be useful

For instance, Microsoft has a NuGet package called "OData Client for .Net" that code-generates a set of generic class wrappers for calling the API off this metadata.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.