Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 2 3

EIKON API to see news flag and sentiment

eikon_question.PNG

Hi Team -

i would like to use EIKON DATA API to extract news + sentiment score and filtered by only important mark. Is this possible and what would be the best way? Thanks,

https://docs-developers.refinitiv.com/1592785854422/14684/book/en/eikon/index.html#get_news_headlines

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apinews
eikon-question.png (76.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
78.1k 246 52 72

@javier.j.w.wang

You can refer to the Introduction to News Sentiment Analysis with Eikon Data APIs - a Python example article that demonstrates how we can conduct a simple sentiment analysis of news delivered via our new Eikon Data APIs.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@jirapongse.phuriphanvichai

Thanks for your feedback - The answer doesn’t really nail down to my question –

• The Example provided is a sentiment driven by public sentiment model via TextBlob – I wonder if it is the same as Refinitiv?
  • Also there is no filtering on the important mark from EIKON News Monitor.
Upvotes
78.1k 246 52 72

@javier.j.w.wang

Sorry for the confusion.

From my checking, the get_headlines method in the Eikon Data APIs can't retrieve sentiment scores. This is the raw output returned by the get_headlines method.

{'displayDirection': 'LeftToRight',
   'documentType': 'Story',
   'firstCreated': '2021-07-22T02:10:14.946Z',
   'isAlert': False,
   'language': 'L:en',
   'reportCode': '',
   'sourceCode': 'NS:DJN',
   'sourceName': 'Dow Jones News',
   'storyId': 'urn:newsml:reuters.com:20210722:nDJR2h4VkM:1',
   'text': 'DJ 10-Yr Benchmark Govt Yields - U.S. vs Other Nations',
   'versionCreated': '2021-07-22T02:10:14.946Z'},

It doesn't provide the news sentiment scores.

As I know, the news sentiment scores are available via Machine Readable News (MRN) from the Refinitiv Real-Time feed. You can search MRN on the Developer Community website for more information. The sample article is How to get MRN News Analytics Data via WebSocket API.

Otherwise, you can directly contact your Refinitiv sales or account team for other solutions.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.