Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
49 3 6 12

Does Eikon Data API provide polls data?

Does Eikon Data API provide polls data?

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@hiroko.yamaguchi1 yes for some economic indicators we can try. For more details see my article, In short once you have a realtime economic indicator say USADP=ECI you can derive the poll Median, High and Low - each one is a separate RIC:

df=ek.get_timeseries(['USADP=ECI','pUSADP=M','pUSADP=L','pUSADP=H'],start_date='2010-03-01',end_date='2020-04-26',interval='monthly',)

df
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks, @jason.ramchandani.

There's no way to search for the polls related fields on CodeCreator and get the polls data by executing a sample script generated by CodeCreator?

I'm just wondering how users who are not sure of separate RICs for the poll median, high and low are supposed to find out the separate RICs for them?

@hiroko.yamaguchi1 So the structure is kind of fixed - you can see a list of economic indicators in the Economic Monitor app - so if you wanted to screen for a particular country say.

1626771617938.png

Then you could see which have polls available - then to get the RICs you just take the economic indicator - the one I have highlighted here is JPCPI=ECI

So to get the poll median it would be pJPCPI=M, to get the poll high it would be pJPCPI=H, to get the poll low pJPCPI=L. Please try it for yourself to familiarise.

1626771617938.png (487.6 KiB)
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.