question

Upvotes
Accepted
66 2 6 11

ESG BULK just request the permissioned files or just return the permissioned files

Hi Team,

One of my customer purchased ESG BULK files with "BULK ESG FULL CONT FULL LIST" permission.

When customer sent request with "https://api.refinitiv.com/file-store/v1/file-sets?bucket=ESG", it will return all of the file lists but no permission for some/most of them. Is it possible just send request the permissioned files or just return the permissioned files ?

Thanks a lot !

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platformesgbulk-download
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @gang.chen1 ,

If the customer is permissioned for specific types of files, such as ESG Scores, but not for others, such as Symbology CUSIP, it is possible to filter the request by attribute, which is content type.
If that is the case, they could request such as:

https://{
                {RDP_HOST}}/file-store/{
                {RDP_VERSION_ESG_BULK}}/file-sets?bucket={
                {RDP_ESG_Bucket}}&attributes=ContentType:ESG Scores

Please refer the customer developers to find out more about ESG Bulk content types and structure by reviewing RDP ESG Bulk -> User Guides documentation section.

Postman examples ( naked requests) of filtering by attribute are available in CFS -ESG Bulk section of RDP Downloads -> Postman Starter Collection. If they are coding in Python, some additional details - Article: How To Identify And Request ESG Bulk Content - Python

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi zoya.farberov ,

I had read those materials before and customer wants to know if we can just request "BULK ESG FULL CONT FULL LIST". Thanks.

Hi @gang.chen1,

No, they will not be able to request that, as this is not a defined Attribute, this is our internal defined permission name.

The customer can request a list of everything from ESG Bulk, then there will be filesets and files that they are not permissioned for, this is not efficient.

Or they can filter their request, by Attribute, as I have suggested, requesting only specific type of file. This is the best practice approach.

I would like to suggest to encourage the client developers to use developers forum directly, and to refer them to this answer.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.