question

Upvotes
Accepted
39 4 6 7

Eikon Reinitive Com Addin Powerpoint And Excel

I was hoping someone could provide Com API Documentation for the Refinitiv Objects Hosted in Excel/Powerpoint. I have found com api documentation on this site - however it does not cover the scenarios I need - see below.

We have some ds charts in a power point presentation and a table in an Excel workboook. The process to refresh them is.

i) Excel: Refresh all Workbooks - to update some tables

ii) Powerpoint: Update Links to refresh the Excel Tables in Powerpoint

iii) Refresh All Charts

We want to create some vba in the Powerpoint to automate this process (there is some additional non-Refinitiv tasks not listed above.

I saw 2 ways to approach this problem.

i) Click the buttons from vba - vba does not seem to be able to click on buttons in custom ribbons - it seems to be not exposed in the vba object model (Built in Excel Ribbons seems ok).

ii) Call methods on the Refinitiv com api from Excel

It is easy enough to get access to the Com API

Set addIn = Application.COMAddIns("PowerlinkCOMAddIn.COMAddIn")

Set automationObject = addIn.Object

The problem is what are the methods on the Com Object that are exposed.

For this documentation is required. Does anyone have api documentation for these apis - if they are exposed?

Excel Ribbon

1626775868470.png

Powerpoint Ribbon:

1626775953577.png

eikoneikon-com-api
1626775868470.png (7.4 KiB)
1626775953577.png (26.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@Archi

It's possible to use VBA to trigger the refresh of data retrieval functions in Eikon Excel. See the following thread for details.
https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/20247/can-you-please-send-me-the-excel-vba-code-which-ex.html

However, I don't believe it's possible to trigger the update for the links or the refresh for Datastream charts from Powerpoint VBA.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.