Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
18 0 1 3

Balance sheet item download with API, incorrect values, maybe currency problem?

I download balance sheet data for listed companies ('Fundamentals') using this screening. Somehow however, the values of balance sheet data are not the same as in other databases and do not 'look correct' (slightly different from what they should be). Can it be the currency is not set correctly (not the filtering one, but the reporting one?), thanks a lot, best, G

syntax = 'SCREEN(U(IN(Equity(active,public,primary))), IN(TR.RegCountryCode, DE, ES, FR, IT, NL, AT, BE, PT, FI, IE, LU, GR, SI, SK, LV, LT, EE, MT, CY), DOES_NOT_CONTAIN(TR.TRBCEconomicSector,Financials), CURN=EUR)'

Attach rest of the code below:

names, e = ek.get_data(syntax, ['TR.CommonName', 'TR.RegCountryCode'])

del syntax, e

# Find ISIN codes and add them to the dataset

isin = ek.get_symbology(names.Instrument.to_list(), from_symbol_type='RIC', to_symbol_type='ISIN')

names['ISIN'] = isin['ISIN'].to_list()

del isin

quarters = []

for i in range (2001,2022):

for j in range (1,5):

quarters.append(str(j) + 'CQ' + str(i))

del i, j

quarters.remove('4CQ2021')

quarters.remove('3CQ2021')

quarters.remove('2CQ2021')

fields = ['TR.NetDebt'] # there were many, I reduced to one, maybe is without []

b_sheet = pd.DataFrame()

for q in quarters:

data, e = ek.get_data(names.Instrument.to_list(), fields, parameters={'Period': q})

data['Date'] = q

b_sheet = b_sheet.append(data, ignore_index=True)

del fields, e, q, quarters

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@Giulio.nicoletti

To provide any comments on the discrepancies you see, I would need a specific example of the discrepancies. Right now all I can say is that in your code you request quarterly net debt for calendar quarters (which may be different from fiscal quarters) in the reporting currency (i.e. in whatever currency the company provides financial reports). Does this description correspond to what you're getting from other sources?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18 0 1 3

Thanks, disaligned indeed for Fiscal versus calendar, thank again

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.