question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 3

OnStatusChanged is not triggered

Hi there,

I am building an application that uses the Reuters API, and I start the connection to Reuters via

_eikonConnection = new EikonDesktopDataAPI.EikonDesktopDataAPI()

_eikonConnection.OnStatusChanged += OnStatusChanged;

_eikonConnection.Initialize();

This works fine in some cases (i.e. OnStatusChanged is triggered after a few seconds), but it does not always work. The event is never triggered. How can I find out what the problem is?

Thanks in advance

eikoneikon-com-apiconnection
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

What type of application are you building? Console, WPF, etc?

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Hi @thad,

There are multiple scenarios where OnStatusChanged event may not be raised. For instance if a user shuts down Eikon while your application is running, this creates a terminal state for EikonDesktopDataAPI singleton. There is no way to recover from this state other than restart your application's process. You can check the value returned by Initialize method. And you can also check EikonDesktopDataAPI connection status by calling Status property, which can be done anytime and does not have to be triggered by OnStatusChanged event. Both the value returned by Initialize and EikonDesktopDataAPI connection status should provide you a clue about the state of EikonDesktopDataAPI object.

I hope this helps.

Alex

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.