Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 1

How to download from python eikon all the contributors and values of an economic indicator poll?

Hello,

I have found that is possible to download the median, high, and low values of a poll of a given economic indicator. As an example:

ek.get_timeseries(['USADP=ECI','pUSADP=M','pUSADP=L','pUSADP=H'],

start_date='2010-03-01',end_date='2020-04-26',

interval='monthly')

However, I wonder if it is possible to download all the contributors and values of the poll.

Thank in advance,

Javier

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
10.1k 18 6 9

@javierlopezi I don't think that is available by API but it is available in-product on the polls app (for Reuters economic polls type ECOP into eikon search bar) . We do however have additional fields which is the count of poll contributors (=C), Starmine SmartEstimate (=E) and Predicted Surprise (=S). I hope this can help.

df=ek.get_timeseries(['USADP=ECI','pUSADP=M','pUSADP=L','pUSADP=H','pUSADP=C','pUSADP=E','pUSADP=S'],start_date='2010-03-01',end_date='2021-07-23',interval='monthly') 
df
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.