Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 2 2

How can I get sale dates and par amounts of all municipal bonds issued in a certain period?

Hello,

I am trying to get all the data on municipal bonds sold between 01/01/2015 and 12/30/2020. I am particularly interested in the sale dates and par amounts of municipal bond issuances. I have tried the following code in Python:

df = rdp.Search.search(
view = rdp.SearchViews.MunicipalInstruments,
top = 10000,
select = "IssuerName, IssueDate, SaleDate, IssuerState, ParAmount, CUSIP")

I get the data on issuer name, issue date, and CUSIP. But, I received the following warning: "3 invalid 'select' entries were ignored: [SaleDate, IssuerState, ParAmount]"

I tried to use a CUSIP number in order to get sale date and par value using get_data() command but it returns empty data frame.

Would you please guide me on how I can get sales date and par amounts of all municipal bonds sold in a certain period?

• moredata,e = ek.get_data(['494134XF1'],["TR.FiTaxStatus", "TR.PJFRelMuniSaleDate", "TR.PJFRelMuniPrinicipalAmount"])

If I have CUSIPs of all municipal bond issuances, is there any way to scrape the description page of the relevant municipal bond to get sale date and total program amount?

eikon.png

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apibonds
eikon.png (320.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @eikon.user2

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @eikon.user2 ,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
5.8k 21 2 6

Hi @eikon.user2 ,

Have you tired the Data Item Browser? I looked for the fields you were after there and found, for example, the following:

1627027264492.png

Do loet me know if that was (or wasn't) the datapoint you were after.

1627027264492.png (125.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 2 2

Hi,

Thank you very much for the reply.

I am looking for the sale date, total program amount, and Par amount. While the first two are available in the description page of the municipal bond and the third one is available through New Issues-Muni, it seems that they cannot be directly downloaded. So I am wondering whether I can scrape the description pages of municipal bonds?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 2 2

Hi @jonathan.legrand,

Thank you very much for the reply.

I am looking for the sale date, total program amount, and Par amount. While the first two are available in the description page of the municipal bond and the third one is available through New Issues-Muni, it seems that they cannot be directly downloaded. So I am wondering whether I can scrape the description pages of municipal bonds?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5.8k 21 2 6

Hi @eikon.user2 ,

I am afraid that there is no way to scrape Eikon Desktop description pages. I would advise looking into the Data Item Browser. It seems as though the question is becoming a content one, in which case I would advise inquiring bout your request on the Refinitiv Helpdesk.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 2 2

Hi @jonathan.legrand,

Thanks for the reply.

I have web access too. Can I scrape the description pages through web access?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5.8k 21 2 6

Hi @eikon.user2 ,

I'm afraid that there are no licences sold allowing users to do this legally... Thus the Python Eikon Data API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 2 2

Hi @jonathan.legrand,

Thanks for the reply.

I want to mention that the data item

TR.MUNIAnnouncementDate

gives the sale date of a municipal bond. Maybe other users find this useful.

However, I am still trying to find the data item that gives the total program amount mentioned in the description page of each municipal bond.

Thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.