Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 2 2 3

How to get time series of Australian business and home lending rates in Eikon/Python (aAUVHOSLNF and aAUSBVRSTRM)

I am looking for time series of business and home lending rates using Python - Eikon.

I tried this, but without success:

start_date = '2010-12-31'
end_date   = '2021-03-31'
dfb = ek.get_timeseries(["aAUVHOSLNF"], start_date = start_date, end_date=end_date)
dfh = ek.get_timeseries(["aAUSBVRSTRM"], start_date = start_date, end_date=end_date)

Note, the Datastream codes and respective RICs for the interest rate series are:

AUVHOSLNF, aAUVHOSLNF
AUPRSBRS, aAUSBVRSTRM

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
5.5k 21 2 6

Hi @blucap ,

I'm afraid that (i) not all data-sets in Datastream are available on Eikon and (ii) this Q&A site is not monitored by content experts... Having had a quick look at the Data Item Browser on the Eikon Desktop App, I could not find time-series data for 'aAUVHOSLNF' or 'aAUSBVRSTRM'. If (I) you have a content question, please open a support case with Refinitiv Helpdesk; if (II) you have Datastream, would you mind letting me know if the bellow provides the data you are looking for?

df5 = ds.get_data(tickers="AUVHOSLNF,AUPRSBRS",
                  fields="X",
                  start='2000-01-01',
                  end='2021-04-06')
df5

1627045516878.png

1627045516878.png (19.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
5 2 2 3

Many thanks for your answer. I will escalate to the helpdesk.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.