For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvote
Accepted
44 10 13 14

Websocket API didn't receive response after Service Discovery Call - In client Production environment

Hi Team,

Background:

In my client's production environment all of sudden, we stop getting any response from Discovery Service and due to this we don't have any WebSocket server URL and port to which we can connect and get the rate.

This was working fine till last weekend and we are able to retrieve the rate without any issues.

In client production, we are using the service from last 3-4 months without any issues.

Note: In my local test environment, I can see the same issue and not able to retrieve any rate

Questions:

Is this something got broker from Refinitiv side?

Is anyone else who is using WebSokcet API facing the same issue?

Appreciate your comments here.

websocketsrrtorefinitiv-realtime-optimised
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Same issue is happening for me too. It was working fine when I left the office on friday but not working when I am back on monday. One thing I noticed is that inside DiscoverServices() method the webResponse.ContentLength is -1 which fails the if condition if (webResponse.ContentLength > 0). When I commented out that condition it is working fine. But don't know why the webResponse.ContentLength is -1. Must be something that need to be sorted out from the Refinitiv's end.

Upvote
Accepted
38 1 1 7

@pradeep.badoni it is because service discovery can't handle chunked rest responses. to fix this issue, replace

if (webResponse.ContentLength > 0)

with if (webResponse.GetResponseHeader("Transfer-Encoding").Equals("chunked") || webResponse.ContentLength > 0)

for more details refer this fix RTSDK-5356 in git

https://github.com/Refinitiv/websocket-api/commit/3f8af94525ad9108e4b68e0bcf47bc7fd0f81fe9

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
24.3k 53 17 14

Hello @pradeep.badoni @thomas.abraham

Could you please try the Service Discovery request with the following curl command? Please replace the <access_token> with your Access Token from the RDP Auth Token service (Note: please notice a space between text 'Bearer' and the access token).

curl --location --request GET 'https://api.refinitiv.com/streaming/pricing/v1/' \
--header 'Accept: application/json' \
--header 'Authorization: Bearer <access token>'

If you still encounter errors from the curl command, I suggest you contact the RDP support team via https://my.refinitiv.com/ website to help you verify the issue.

myrefinitiv-rdp-servicedis.png

Please select the "Pricing - Refinitiv Data Platform" product on the my.refinitiv.com website, and give them the following information:

Hope this helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
44 10 13 14

Thanks Everyone to look into it and help to resolve the issue.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.