question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 2

No market price update today, but it worked last week

Hi,

I'm using RDP optimization. Last week I could access real time without any problem. However, on this Monday, when I run sample program "CSharpRdpGwExamples_VS150", there is no price update. I ensure that I subscribe to "EUR=".
The connection still working because the sample program keep refresh the token very 27 secs. All link, user/password all same without change. No error message either.

Please provide me some clue to solve the problem.

Thanks in advance

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platform
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @hasanderonn

Just to confirm the service discovery example on Github has been updated with the fixes

websocket-api/MarketPriceRdpGwServiceDiscoveryExample.cs at master · Refinitiv/websocket-api (github.com)

There were some other minor fixes also applied to the source - so I would recommend using the latest version.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @hasanderonn ,

Let us try to verify the issue:

Are you running the first example MarketPriceEdpGwAuthenticationExample that connects to a specific endpoint?

Are you connecting to one of the new, tiered endpoints, for example amer-3-t1.streaming-pricing-api.refinitiv.com for your assigned tier, or old non-tiered, for example amer-3.pricing.streaming.edp.thomsonreuters.com ( these may not be working anymore)

Are you supplying your personal valid credentials, machineId, password, clientId?

--

I have tested this example with my creds, against amer (my geo region) - I do not seem to reproduce the issue this way.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @hasanderonn ,

If you are running example MarketPriceEdpGwServiceDiscoveryExample,

you may need to use the workaround and modification to example code that is discussed in this previous discussion thread, i.e.

try
            {
                HttpWebResponse webResponse = (HttpWebResponse)webRequest.GetResponse();

//                if (webResponse.ContentLength > 0)
                if (webResponse.GetResponseHeader("Transfer-Encoding").Equals("chunked") || webResponse.ContentLength > 0)
                    {

or please await for this modification to be propagated into GitHub Refinitiv examples

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.