For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
28 3 4 9

Get 401 when calling Check-CaseId-Availability in C#

Hi,

So far I am able to make other calls through C#.

When I try to check for my case id availability, I keep getting 401 but it works in Postman

Can you please review if I make any mistake with the call data?

requestendpoint = "https://api-worldcheck.refinitiv.com/v2/caseIdentifiers?caseId=BENNINGTON_1"

dataToSign = "

(request-target): head /v2/caseIdentifiers?caseId=BENNINGTON_1

host: api-worldcheck.refinitiv.com

date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 22:04:10 GMT

"

authorization = "Signature keyId="xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx",algorithm="hmac-sha256",headers="(request-target) host date",signature="5UB8TMDsCRIO0FIc3Jc7j9QLgLYWehGWc3PiE3keb+w=""

WebReq.Method = "HEAD";

WebReq.Headers.Add("Authorization", authorisation);

WebReq.Headers.Add("Cache-Control", "no-cache");

WebReq.Date = dateValue; // use datetime value GMT time

Thank you,

Cady

world-checkworld-check-one
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
1.4k 5 2 2

Hi @cadyh

Thanks for sharing the details with us!

We have validated the details and it looks like there is format issue on dataToSign part. Therefore, we request you to please use the below format and let us know if issue persist.

dataToSign = "

(request-target): head /v2/caseIdentifiers

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks Vivek. That works.
Upvotes
1.4k 5 2 2

Hi @cadyh

We request you to kindly help us with complete "request header and response header" of the API call for which you are getting the 401 error.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
28 3 4 9

Request header

NameValueType▶Headers{Authorization: Signature keyId="xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx",algorithm="hmac-sha256",headers="(request-target) host date",signature="SHqflvk27ASbW3EvU/T9VbguY57n0dtUOqAYrm2qXb4=" Cache-Control: no-cache Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 13:24:32 GMT Host: api-worldcheck.refinitiv.com }System.Net.WebHeaderCollection

Response header

NameValueType▶Headers{Connection: keep-alive Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=15552000, includeSubdomains Authorization: WWW-Authenticate: Signature realm="World-Check One API",algorithm="hmac-sha256",headers="(request-target) host date content-type content-length" Content-Length: 0 Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 13:24:10 GMT }System.Net.WebHeaderCollection

NameValueType
Message"The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized."string
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.