Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 2 2 6

Is it possible to retrieve historic turnover, loads, and asset allocation for funds?

Using Eikon API, I would like to retrieve historic data on funds' annual portfolio turnover, loads charged, and asset allocation to equity? From what I looked up so far these variables either not exist (turnover) or no historical data retrieval (loads, asset allocation) is possible but wanted to double check.

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apisearch
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@ErikM

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
1.6k 3 2 3

@ErikM , I believe your observations are correct that there is no fund's holdings turnover data nor historical data on loads and allocations available in Eikon API. I do not aware Lipper collect fund's turnover, so I doubt this data is available regardless which API or apps. for "loads" (I assume you meant total expense ratio) and allocations, the RDP Funds API should have the historical data.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you @b.lee I meant upfront or deferred sales charges and not total expense ratio. Do you know if this is available as well? Could you tell me the RDP API requests for historical retrieval of charges and allocation?

@ErikM , RDP Funds API do support historical data on charges (initial charge, redemption charge and annual charge). However, I do not able to find a good sample fund showing historical initial charge or redemption charge. I only find a sample that it is able to return historical annual charges. Below is my sample query and result:

symbols=68602583&properties=charges[filter:ANNUAL_CHARGE;start:2019-01-01]
{
  "assets": [
    {
      "id": "68602583",
      "charges": [
        {
          "code": "ANNUAL_CHARGE",
          "type": {
            "id": "778",
            "name": "Annual"
          },
          "values": [
            {
              "date": "2020-04-02",
              "endDate": "2020-04-27",
              "actual": 1.25
            },
            {
              "date": "2020-04-28",
              "actual": 1.2
            }
          ]
        }
      ]
    }
  ],
  "totalRecords": 1,
  "fromIndex": 0,
  "toIndex": 0,
  "pageNumber": 0
}

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.