Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
13 4 9 11

M&A Deals Screener - Headers Error

Hi, I am trying to run a screener for M&A deals for a list of identifiers with the following code. Unfortunately I am receiving the following error:

KeyError: 'headers'

headers = [header['displayName'] for header in data_dict['headers'][0]]

This seems to be a bug and in other questions I have found it was recommended to limit the number of securities - ideally I would run 40 or 50 securities all at the same time, but in this case even running two or single ones results in an error. Could you please advise or suggest a workaround? Happy to use the RDP Library should that be easier. In such a case would you mind helping out with the code for that.

Thanks!

tickers_string = '4295912121,5000296881'
deals_start = '20110101'
deals_end = '20210730'

df_mna, err = ek.get_data("SCREEN(U(IN(DEALS)/*UNV:DEALSMNA*/), TR.NIisECM=False, IN(TR.MNAParticipant(DealPartRole=T)," + tickers_string + "), BETWEEN(TR.MnAAnnDate," + deals_start + "," + deals_end +  ")/*dt:Date*/, CURN=USD)",
                                   ["TR.NISdcDealNumber","TR.MnAAnnDate","TR.MnARankDate","TR.MnARankValueIncNetDebt(Curn=USD,Scale=6)","TR.MnATarget","TR.MnATargetPermId","TR.MnATargetShortBusDesc",
                                    "TR.MnATargetUltParent","TR.TR.MnATargetUltParentPermID","TR.MnATargetTRBCEcoSec","TR.MnATargetTRBCBussSec","TR.MnATargetUltParentTRBCEcoSec","TR.MnATargetNation","TR.MnAAcquiror",
                                    "TR.MnAAcquirorPermId","TR.MnAAcquirorShortBusDesc","TR.MnAAcquirorPermId","TR.MnAAcquirorUltParent","TR.MnAAcquirorUltParentPermID","TR.MnAAcquirorTRBCEcoSec","TR.MnAAcquirorTRBCBussSec",
                                    "TR.MnAAcquirorUltParentTRBCEcoSec","TR.MnAAcquirorNation", "TR.MnATargetFinAdvisor(Concat='|')","TR.MnAAcquirorFinAdvisor(Concat='|')","TR.MnAEquityValueAtAnnouncement(Curn=USD,Scale=6)"
                                    ])
eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiscreener
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@Giorgio Cozzolino

The problem is in your Screener expression. You use a mixture of fields from new issuance and from M&A datasets, which are incompatible. Specifically, the field TR.NIisECM in the Screener expression does not belong here, as the rest of the expression uses M&A fields. And in the fields list you retrieve, you have TR.NISdcDealNumber, which does not belong with the rest of M&A fields. I suggest you follow the Screener wizard to construct Screener expressions.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.