For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 3 3 3

Limits on EquitySearchRequest

Hi - I wanted to confirm, does DataScope.Select.Api.Search.EquitySearchRequest have any quota or limits associated with it? I would like to call it for several hundred ISINs using the REST API, and want to make sure that we won't incur any charges or go against any limits for this.

Also, in the new site structure, I couldn't seem to find any documentation about this API. Can someone point me to it and also a link to the best practices document for it, if there is one?

Thanks,

Wayne

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

@waynes ,

This is correct, doing search by ISIN first will not count toward quota, and therefore will not affect your bill.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hi @waynes ,

You are correct, search requests do not count toward your user quota.

DSS documentation:

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 3 3 3

Thanks for the quick reply. On this doc you sent: https://developers.refinitiv.com/content/dam/devportal/api-families/datascope-select/datascope-select-rest-api/documentation/overview-and-concepts/ds_th_best_practices_and_fair_usage_policy_apr2021.pdf

On page 17, it looks like it says for Search, there is "Maximum Requests" and it says 1500. I assume that means within the 60 sec timeout period?

Also, aside from the technical limits, would we get billed in some way for the data returned by using EquitySearch? I'm not clear how this API fits in with the other APIs which trigger extractions, etc. I know report templates get tracked and billed for Tnc, pricing, etc. Is the search API via REST a totally different thing?

Thanks,

Wayne

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hi @waynes ,

You are correct, recommended max search requests per 60 seconds is 30 and maximum requests per 60 seconds is 1500.

The search request itself does not count toward user quota. Usually, having identified the required content via search, one would next request extraction of the required instruments, that would be applicable toward user quota.

icon clock
10 |1500

@waynes

<private comment>

Perhaps may be helpful to note, that if you are in consideration or trialing, do not currently own the product, the best way to find our more of the product/ package options that are available/most suitable for your requirements, would be to discuss them with you Refinitiv client success contacts.

Developers and this forum may be of most help to you with DSS API usage questions.

Hope this helps.

Upvotes
5 3 3 3

Thanks again - but just to be specific - when you say it doesn't count towards quota, does this also mean we are not billed for those requests?

The use case you described is what we plan to do - first a fetch using the EquitySearch API by ISIN, which returns all the RICs, and then an extraction on just the RICs we care about. Just want to confirm that doing the request by ISIN first is not going to blow up our bill or somehow affect our account.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.