For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
462 13 11 15

DSS REST API - Starmine

Can you please explain why I get a response which does not reference the identifier I actually requested and tell me how to fix this? This makes it basically impossible for me to pull out the data for what I requested (obviously it’ll work for a single identifier, but not for more than one…)

e.g.

{ 
"ExtractionRequest": { 
"@odata.type":
"#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.StarmineExtractionRequest", 
"IdentifierList": { 
"@odata.type":
"#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.EntityIdentifierList", 
"EntityIdentifiers": [{ 
"Identifier": "JHE42UYNWWTJB8YTTU19", 
"IdentifierType": "Lei" 
}] 
}, 
"ContentFieldNames": ["Official Name", 
"Credit SmartRatios Implied Rating"] 
}}

Results in

{<br> 
"@odata.context": "<a href="https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com_RestApi_v1_-24metadata-23ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.ExtractionResult&d=CwMFAg&c=4ZIZThykDLcoWk-GVjSLm9hvvvzvGv0FLoWSRuCSs5Q&r=czdPXU3OhjgtXPAuxk0a-TfZt8RUQeV5jW6_ic5HRNQ&m=XHGBdTRWtilM4fzK3PpGuRdt-pVyrlAnmOAPKQ6ICNs&s=1LT8dkOG5NbJWTdRQnzawhjpWCKQP3BkrYjigZwxcOE&e=">https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/$metadata#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.ExtractionResult</a>",<br> 
"Contents": [{<br><strong> 
"IdentifierType": "OrgId",<br></strong><strong> 
"Identifier": "17092",<br></strong> 
"Official Name": "AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND BANKING GROUP
LIMITED",<br> 
"Credit SmartRatios Implied Rating": "BBB"<br> 
}],<br> 
"Notes": [{removed to protect client info.}]<br>}"
dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssapirest-apistarmine
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@gareth.teage

We reformatted your query to make the code sections more apparent and easier to read. Regards, AHS

@gareth.teage

This is a good opportunity to suggest to your customer to use the TRDC portal. It is free, he can use a pseudo to avoid sharing his identity, he can find documentation, downloads, tutorials, and post queries on the forum directly. The contents of the forum are kept up to date, and the forum is quite active, so he will usually get quick responses.

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks, AHS

@gareth.teage

Hello Gareth,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,
AHS

Show more comments
Upvotes
Accepted
251 1 2 2

Hi Gareth - Yes, easy solution is for client to include Instrument ID/Type in their report template for extraction. That will always return the original ID they submitted no matter what the identifier resolves to after validation.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
1.1k 5 3 5

This does appear to be a bug of sorts, but today is a U.S. holiday and so I cannot work it out for sure until tomorrow. In the meantime, you can also add the identifier as a User DefinedIdentifier and then do your matching on that field (which does come back correctly).

Here is a sample of a entity validation call I made like this:

POST https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/EntityListValidateIdentifiers HTTP/1.1

{"InputsForValidation":[{"Identifier":"JHE42UYNWWTJB8YTTU19","IdentifierType":"Lei","UserDefinedIdentifier":"JHE42UYNWWTJB8YTTU19"}],"KeepDuplicates":true,"IncludeParentAndUltimateParent":true}

Returned:

{"@odata.context":"https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/$metadata#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.SubjectLists.EntitiesValidateIdentifiersResult","ValidatedEntities":[{"Identifier":"17092","IdentifierType":"OrgId","UserDefinedIdentifier":"JHE42UYNWWTJB8YTTU19","Key":"VjF8MHgwMDAzZWYwNmMwYmVmYjZmfEVORU58MTcwOTJ8T1JH","Description":"AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND BANKING GROUP LIMITED","InstrumentType":"Entity"}],"ValidationResult":{"ValidEntityCount":1,"ValidationDuplicates":[],"Messages":[]}}
icon clock
10 |1500

Hi Rick,

I think the correct identifier is pulled into the output "Instrument ID" and "Instrument ID Type" but the client would need to add these in. Is this the best solution at the moment?

Best regards,

Gareth

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.