Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
12 4 3 5

Technical indicators Eikon Data API or Datastream API

I am trying to get data for various technical indicators (RSI, Exponential Moving Average, MACD) with different time frequencies (Monthly, weekly, daily, hourly) using the Eikon Data or Datastream API.
My goal would be to get exactly the same data for the technical indicators in Python as the data I see in the charts of my Eikon Workspace.1628149372873.png

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
1628149372873.png (40.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
10.1k 18 6 9

@FRZH I have written a tutorial fro working with multiple moving averages from different timeframes. You would need to adapt the code to add whatever indicator you wanted as opposed to a simple moving average or you could look at this article by my colleague which uses a library called TA-Lib to generate a whole host of technical indicators. I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.