Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Query Corporate Action Calendar

Hi!

I was trying to query the corporate action calendar, but none of the command seems to work for me.

ek.get_data(['DBV'],[ 'TR.CACorpActDesc(SDate=20010101, EDate=20180101,CAEventType=All)'])

Only gives me the return of capital. Instead I am hoping to get Dividend, M&A and Name&ID change.

Thanks!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@ghanweck

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@ghanweck

The field TR.CACorpActDesc is from the Capital Changes category, and it returns only capital change events. The field definition found in Data Item Browser or CodeCreator apps is "The full description of Capital Change".
For dividends use fields from Dividend History category, e.g.

ek.get_data(['DBV'],['TR.DivAnnouncementDate','TR.DivExDate',
                     'TR.DivPayDate','TR.DivUnAdjustedGross'],
           {'SDate':'20010101', 'EDate':'20180101'})

For the retrieval of M&A activity see the discussion on this previous thread

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Alex Putkov. Thank you Alex for the quick response. The div and M&A part is very helpful. Any chance you have a previous threads regarding the Name ID change category under Corporate Action Calendar?

I'm afraid not. Name & ID changes are not represented as a category in the data model accessible through Eikon Data APIs. Name/ID changes are tied to capital change events, and you can retrieve the latter. But you cannot make a request for name/ID changes for a list of companies between two dates.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.