Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 3 3 6

.NET API Problem ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.TinyIoCResolutionException: 'Unable to resolve type: ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.IInternalDataServices'

I am trying to download data using C# .NET API and then feed the data into MATLAB 2018b 64-bits.

Initially, I have successfully downloaded the data using C# but not able to assembly the dll in MATLAB because the NuGet Package ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.Signed is in 32-bits.

After reading this, I managed to install the ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.Signed x64 package. The following error appears:

ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.TinyIoCResolutionException

HResult=0x80131500

Message=Unable to resolve type: ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.IInternalDataServices

Source=ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess

StackTrace:

at ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.TinyIoCContainer.DelegateFactory.GetObject(Type requestedType, TinyIoCContainer container, NamedParameterOverloads parameters, ResolveOptions options)

at ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.TinyIoCContainer.ResolveInternal(TypeRegistration registration, NamedParameterOverloads parameters, ResolveOptions options)

at ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.TinyIoCContainer.Resolve[ResolveType](String name)

at ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.DataServices.get_Instance()

at EikonTester.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\XUEWE614\source\repos\EikonTester\Program.cs:line 18

Inner Exception 1:

TinyIoCResolutionException: Unable to resolve type: ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.IInternalDataServices

Inner Exception 2:

TinyIoCResolutionException: Unable to resolve type: ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.UdapService

Inner Exception 3:

TinyIoCResolutionException: Unable to resolve type: ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.Connection

Inner Exception 4:

TinyIoCResolutionException: Unable to resolve type: ThomsonReuters.Udap.Ipc.Managed.Common.BusAdapter.IEikonBus

Inner Exception 5:

FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ThomsonReuters.Udap.BusTools.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.

I followed this, checked all four DLLs are presents in the bin folder and in 64-bits.

I have tried to use the Process Monitor to see where goes wrong but with no success. I am not sure which filter I should use to check the events.

the following is the packages file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<packages>

<package id="Common.Logging" version="2.1.2" targetFramework="net461" />

<package id="Newtonsoft.Json" version="13.0.1" targetFramework="net461" />

<package id="protobuf-net" version="2.0.0.668" targetFramework="net461" />

<package id="ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.Signed.x64" version="1.8.4" targetFramework="net461" />

<package id="ThomsonReuters.Udap.Ipc.Signed.x64" version="2.10.5" targetFramework="net461" />

</packages>

Any suggestions about how I should proceed?

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api.net
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@xuewei.zhu

Please see the article titled Using Eikon .NET SDK in Matlab. This article provides precise instructions for setting up Eikon .NET SDK for use in Matlab.
Note that Eikon .NET SDK has dependency on both version 10 and 12 of Microsoft C runtime libraries. All 4 of the following DLLs must be available either in the PATH or in the same folder you load Eikon .NET SDK from: msvcp100.dll, msvcr100.dll, msvcp120.dll, msvcr120.dll.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Alex Putkov.

Thanks for the quick respond.

I followed your steps and got this error:

Error using treikonnet (line 25)

Message: Could not load file or assembly 'ThomsonReuters.Udap.BusTools.dll' or one of its dependencies. is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1)

Source: mscorlib

HelpLink:

I have checked all the DLLs manually and found out

Common.Logging.dll ; Newtonsoft.Json.dll ; protobuf-net.dll are in 32-bits. all the others are in 64-bits.

this is the package information

<package id="Common.Logging" version="2.1.2" targetFramework="net461" />

<package id="Newtonsoft.Json" version="6.0.8" targetFramework="net461" />

<package id="protobuf-net" version="2.0.0.668" targetFramework="net461" />

<package id="ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.Signed.x64" version="1.8.4" targetFramework="net461" />

<package id="ThomsonReuters.Udap.Ipc.Signed.x64" version="2.10.5" targetFramework="net461" />

@xuewei.zhu

Common.Logging.dll, Newtonsoft.Json.dll, protobuf-net.dll are compiled as Any CPU. The problem is not the bitness of these libraries, it's something else. It's quite puzzling that the name of what "is not a valid Win32 application" is missing from the error message. This makes it hard to pinpoint the problem.
Perhaps it would be a good idea to build a quick 64-bit test application using Eikon .NET SDK in Visual Studio. This will make it easier to troubleshoot the problems, should you encounter any. You could use one of the examples available under the Downloads tab on Eikon .NET SDK page. Just make sure you reference the 64-bit SDK and compile the example as 64-bit. Once you have a working .NET test app, you can use the build folder of this test app as the location to load Eikon .NET SDK from into Matlab.

That's where I have the error message in my original post.

In visual studio,

If I change the package to 32 bits, it works fine with any CPU.

If I use 64 bits package and compile using x64, it gives me the error when I try to initialize the server at the very beginning.

Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.